Date published: April 10th, 2017 | By Matthew
At the end of each summer we send our camp parents a survey. Feedback from this survey helps us understand what we did well, what we did not-so-well, and what we need to improve for the following summer.
Two years ago, as part of a move toward greater transparency, we decided to publish every response from our parents survey — the good, the bad and the ugly. For more on the rationale behind this decision, check out this introduction.
We understand that Longacre Leadership Camp is not a typical camp. We understand that if you're a new family it can be tough to get your head around what we do. Our hope is that these responses will help clarify things a little bit.
There's some very interesting stuff in here. For a list of the eight questions we asked, please scroll to the bottom of this post.
A few notes first:
- We are publishing all responses from every parent who responded, except for the one parent who did not give us permission
- These answers have not been edited, even for punctuation or spelling
- Words in brackets contained personally identifiable information that we removed
Here are the 40 responses from Question #3 of the 2016 Parents Survey.
"Overall, how would you rate your experience with us this summer?"
- Our kids loved Longacre! They thought it was exceptional.
- My daughter was so very happy! I was thrilled with the level of communication I received. I would rate the experience "worth every penny."
- It was amazing. This was a wonderful summer to transition Jason into his freshman year of college.
- It has been a very positive experience for all concerned.
- On a scale of 1-10, I will give it a 7. I felt more could have been done in the area of personal hygiene, tidiness and organising ones personal space and environment.
- My child enjoyed the time there and learned a lot.
- Very positive
- I would rate Longacre a 10. My boys had an awesome time meeting new friends and enjoying all the activities.
- Excellent. [My son] had an incredible time!
- [My daughter] had a great time.
- Overall, both boys had positive experiences and want to return. As a parent, my experience was mixed.
- My kids loved Longacre camp!
- super positive. But you might want to ask the key question: How likely would you be to recommend Longacre to a friend. It's called the Net Promoter Score. Look it up.
- only as a success for our family and our daughter
- It was positive - he enjoyed it, but I am still seriously concerned for the future of the US - the focus, direction and maturity of the youth is extremely concerning - China and the Asia region will rule the world and US will be working for them
- I believe Longacre Leadership is a loving and nuturing environment for young people. My daughter has been on the receiving side of what Longacre has to offer. My wife and I continue to be amazed atthe progress our daughter has mad and the outpourong of love from the directors, big kids and farmers. I wish longacre was an option for me when I was a young person. It was a great experience for my daughter and us.
- This was my son's second year and he thrived even more than last year. Longacre provides the perfect combination to give young teens a chance to challenge themselves and learn the importance of helping others. Fabulous!!
- Excellent. I feel very good about leaving my son at Longacre.
- Brilliant staff, amazing big kids, and a loving and caring establishment. I wish I was as lucky as my son.
- As a parent it was great, we had some unexpected home sickness issues that were handled well by your team. Louise was a great communicator and kept me posted on the boys' progress. I was a mess for the first 2 weeks, but I was always confident that they were safe...if not always happy. I found myself checking instagram constantly for a glimpse of them! Best measure of your success was going from tears and misery to both saying that they wanted to go back next year on the car ride home!
- Very good Y daughter enjoyed her experience and made good friends.
- OK. Value added is diminishing. Unhappy with weight loss and reports of inadequate quantities of food.
- Very good
- Easy peasy. It was also great that [my older daughter] was so welcomed back when we picked up [my younger daughter].
- Very positive. When I called camp, I received a call back very promptly.
- Fantastic! Everyone at the camp was so warm and welcoming. My son had an incredible experience and said he wished he had started going to Longacre years ago.
- It was really excellent
- very good. my son plans to return next summer.
So that's that.
If you're interested in the other questions from the 2016 Parents Survey, here they are:
- Why did you send your child to Longacre Leadership Camp this summer?
- Agree or disagree: "I received what I expected to receive."
- Overall, how would you rate your experience with us this summer?
- What was the most frustrating part of your experience with us?
- What's one thing we could have done to improve your experience?
- Has your child developed any skills here that will be helpful in "real life"? If so, what are they?
- How would you describe Longacre Leadership Camp to your friends?
- On a scale of 1-10, how likely would you be to refer us to other families?
If you're interested in the 2015 version of the parents survey, please go here: 2015 Parents Survey.
Thanks for reading!