Date published: April 10th, 2017 | By Matthew
At the end of each summer we send our camp parents a survey. Feedback from this survey helps us understand what we did well, what we did not-so-well, and what we need to improve for the following summer.
Two years ago, as part of a move toward greater transparency, we decided to publish every response from our parents survey — the good, the bad and the ugly. For more on the rationale behind this decision, check out this introduction.
We understand that Longacre Leadership Camp is not a typical camp. We understand that if you're a new family it can be tough to get your head around what we do. Our hope is that these responses will help clarify things a little bit.
There's some very interesting stuff in here. For a list of the eight questions we asked, please scroll to the bottom of this post.
A few notes first:
- We are publishing all responses from every parent who responded, except for the one parent who did not give us permission
- These answers have not been edited, even for punctuation or spelling
- Words in brackets contained personally identifiable information that we removed
Here are the 40 responses from Question #2 of the 2016 Parents Survey.
"Agree or disagree: 'I received what I expected to receive.'"
In retrospect, this might have been a dumb question. When we followed up with the four parents who marked "strongly disagree", we learned that they had been pleasantly surprised by their child's experience; so, I'm not sure how much help this will be.
If you're interested in the other questions from the 2016 Parents Survey, here they are:
- Why did you send your child to Longacre Leadership Camp this summer?
- Agree or disagree: "I received what I expected to receive."
- Overall, how would you rate your experience with us this summer?
- What was the most frustrating part of your experience with us?
- What's one thing we could have done to improve your experience?
- Has your child developed any skills here that will be helpful in "real life"? If so, what are they?
- How would you describe Longacre Leadership Camp to your friends?
- On a scale of 1-10, how likely would you be to refer us to other families?
If you're interested in the 2015 version of the parents survey, please go here: 2015 Parents Survey.
Thanks for reading!